Sunday, October 15, 2006

Hi!



Just a quick note to say hi to all visitors. Posts are becoming few and far between. That's probably because of two reasons; I am less astonished by my surroundings (which is related to my theory of relativity, and is rather scary when I think about it), and also as I get more entrenched in work and life, I'm also more involved in them.

That doesn't mean my posts will stop just yet. Life in Sudan is still exciting, and I plan to share these unique moments in life with you. This phase will be a bit slow because of the above, and also because I will be away on vacation for a week. Expect new posts as November comes around.

I leave you with this van that appeared infront of me as I was driving home early one day. The driver obviously loves Bob Marley, but I think in this case the intention is definitely not reflected in the action.

5 comments:

Izi said...

Maybe Boob is another famous singer over there, don't rush into quick conclusions! And it's in a dialect and has nothing to do with the English naughty meaning you are assuming! Wiss!

rafal said...

Wis,

And what happened to your skull. It looks quite de-formed. Maybe you forgot to tell us the stroy where you were beaten somewhere..?
With your ability to get in between convoys maybe you got somewhere far more dangerous...??
Or you are just an alien from Zumazi like me. I need to shave though to see if my skull is similar......
love
rafal

Anonymous said...

Yeah man, I was gonna ask also if that is a dent in your head?? Maybe it's just the lighting. Either way, it's good to see you!!!
As for the Boob Marley van....I'm at a loss for words! But I'm sure you remember a whole slew of places where the culture slaughters the name, pronounciation of 'foreign' words and names. I wonder if you remember in Italy Mme Aiello inviting us over to the "Wimming Spool"?! And we were trying SOooo hard to be polite and listen quietly to her and everytime she would say "Wimming Spool" I couldn't even look at you for fear of laughing so hard. I could hear you choking on your laughter sitting next to me......
The poor woman had no clue why we were so silent and so red and almost choking.

heheh

Unknown said...

hey sis, that was soooo funny!! I'm reading your comment in this restaurant and cracking up! I totally remember that; we were sitting in the back seat of Mrs. Appolo's car (not Aiello, I think). I thought my head was gonna explode from keeping myself from laughing. When we were finally at a safe distance you said "and what's with the Whimming Spool?!" and we just started cracking up. We laughed at that for years. wow!

Ana - I'm astonished at your assumptions! I was blushing when I read your blog. I didn't mean... ufff, I can't even get myself to type it. Where is your mind! I just thought they spelled Bob with an extra o. That's all. How could you think such thoughts?! Never thought you were that type of person.

As for my head. I never noticed. Thanks for bringing it up guys. Sudan does things to you...

Anonymous said...

Baby I had a look at your blog, I have been really busy and travelling alot, am taking a little break this week end in South America. Was nice to see your round face posted here. Don't eat too many sweets!!! You still due on Sobe at the meat market,
P.S. There were enough comment about your skull so I won't make one, just stay away from Russian people ;-)

Love Bela!